Friday, July 10, 2009

Recipe

For lack of anything better to do right now, I've decided to bring you a very simple recipe that anyone can do. I personally use it for parties, myself, but I've found that once in a while, it just makes for a great meal.

Ingredients list(brand preference in parenthesis):
Russian Dressing(Wishbone)
Powdered Onion Soup(Lipton)
Apricot Preserves(None here, I just grab a jar)
Chicken(I like finger foods, so I tend to go for bags of wings and such)

Note: Pork or other white meats could be substituted for chicken. The sauce tends towards sweet, so I wouldn't use it for beef or other red meats.

How to prepare it:
Really, it's very easy. Set your oven to 350. Then, mix the dressing, soup and preserves together in a deep sided pan. When it's all mixed together, put in the chicken and make certain you have enough sauce to almost completely cover the meat. Set in the oven for about four hours, occasionally turning the chicken to make certain it breaks down and infuses with the flavors of the sauce. Test for temperature to make certain chicken is cooked, and eat.

Yes, it's simple, but it takes a while. Like I said, I usually get it started in the afternoon for parties or get togethers that night. The chicken will be done far earlier, but I prefer to let it stew for a while so that the flavor gets savory and the meat virtually melts off the bone when you eat it. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment